Flat Garlic Bread/Pizza Recipe

And I have done it again. I have made miss 15 month old her own mini sized version of our meal. This time it was a mix between pizza and garlic bread. I made the biggest batch of stew in our slow cooker last night to use up the last of our veggies, and hubby for once didn't eat most of it, so now we have enough for 2 more nights. So to spice it up I have made my pizza dough recipe and made it into a pizza garlic bread, following on with our family adventure of eating tonnes of garlic coming into winter to reduce the chance of getting sick, and why do I say this? Well because doctor google told me. So it must be true.

So i'm here to give you my dough recipe, and to also show off my mini creation that I am yet again proud of.

So for this pizza dough you will need:
1.5 cups of flour of your choice
1/2 a cup of warm water
1/4 teaspoon of dry active yeast
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oil
 Optional- 1 tablespoon garlic powder/ or seasoning of choice


Now I got my recipe from a mix of several recipes and changed it to suit and what worked best for me. I don't follow the method suggested and just do it as I go while making the dough and it seems to work. you can also easily double this recipe to suit more family members or if you want enough dough to have the next day as well.

1- Add sugar to warm water in a large bowl, once sugar has dissolved add the yeast and yet it sit a couple minutes until its slightly frothy. ( means the yeast is activated and working like it should, if there are no bubbles the yeast is dead and you will need to start again.

2- Add the flour, salt, optional seasonings, and mix slightly. Then add the oil and continue to mix with either your hands or spoon. I normally use a spoon until its mostly coming together then use my hands.

3- Knead the bread inside the bowl for a couple minutes until its all come together then transfer onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. If the dough seems to wet just slowly add little bits of flour and kneed for a while then add more. The dough will be ready for proofing once it is slightly shiny and forms a nice dough ball. Oil a bowl and place the dough into the bowl and leave it on your bench for 2-5 hours. the longer the better. 

4- Preheat your oven to 200 Celsius, divide up the dough to your wanted portions or roll out if making one big base. leave again for 20 minutes. 

5- Add your toppings of choice, be it a pizza recipe or flat garlic bread like I have made. once topped and the oven preheated, place on a pizza stone or oiled baking tray and cook for anywhere between 10-20 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your base. just keep checking it as it cooks. Once cooked cut up and serve.

Now what I did for my flat garlic bread toppings was dice up a few cloves of garlic and added them to about a tablespoon and a half of butter. I microwaved for roughly 30 seconds until the butter had melted. I them added some coriander because we had that on hand. once the butter had cooled down but not solidified. I added the butter garlic mix to cover all of our bases evenly, (I didn't put any of the chopped garlic on miss 15 month olds mini version as it could have easily been to strong, but because the garlic was microwaved with the butter it infused it with the flavour) Last minute before adding our breads to the oven I decided to sprinkle some grated cheese lightly over each base. and I cooked them for about 15 minutes, taking the mini one out after 10 minutes so it didn't overcook.

I served the flat garlic breads with leftover stew, as you can see in the photo, we are like Goldilocks and the 3 bears, we each have our own sized bowl. Hubby is a big eater so he got the biggest bowl and Miss 15 month old has her own little bowl. Dinner went down a treat. It was tasty enough to eat again but with the garlic bread as an extra it made it like a whole new meal and made it exciting.


So if you have tried out this recipe and it was a success with your family let me know in the comments below.

 Also don't forget to check out my last few blogs
"My Children Won't Sleep! SOS!"
"DIY Crayon For This Kid"
"Kid's Crafts, Fail Or Win?"
"I'm Obsessed"
"I Don't Like Toys"
"I'm Not A Glamorous Mum"
"First Birthday Mishap"
"Hidden Veggies For The Win!!"

And as miss 15 month old likes to say
Bub-eye


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garden Of BeLEAF - Their In Big Pots!!

Healthy Scrambled Erggs That Kids Love

Garden Of BeLEAF - Tomatos