Garden Of BeLEAF - Their In Big Pots!!


So update time on my veranda/container garden here in Australia in winter.

Most of the vegetables I am growing and germinating are ment for warmer months, spring mostly, but as people know Australia is hot as hell, if we get below 21 degrees celcius (69 F) we complain that its to bloody cold. But even with the cold there is still the humidity known throughout all of QLD.
Never the less, I have given my seedlings a fighting chance and have been using a greenhouse to help them out. Some have absolutely thrived and are now in their big pots waiting to grow big enough to be harvested.

We rent where we live so putting a raised bed in not an option as it will kill the grass. I even asked the owners about garden beds on legs so it is off the ground but sadly still a no, this is why I have decided on containers. It is also helpfull that our varenda recieves the most sun during the day during winter so it is working out well.
So today I am going to share which veggies have been upgraded to big pots.

20180626_104149.jpg

First we have the Radish, I have never eaten radish before and of course never grow it (I have never grown any vegetables) but the 4-6 weeks harvest time from seeds sold it for me. I am renound for being impatient with almost everything so growing vegetables has really challeged me to learn patience. So from seed germination to right now in the posts have been just over 3 weeks, I am still expecting another 2-3 weeks before I am able to harvest because it is winter and it is no longer in the greenhouse.

20180629_093018

Next up is rainbow carrots, these have been growing for around 4 weeks now from germination, they were smaller than I originally planned to pot them up, but I ran out of room in my greenhouse so into pots they went, the empty looking container beside the carrots is also carrots, but this one my impatience came into play and I put the first sproutings of germination that was growing on toilet paper into the pot. So im hoping I will at least get something out of this pot, but wont be to disappointed if I dont.

20180626_104102.jpg

Next up is my beetroot, these seeds I didnt germinate and just sprinkled them over my soil, adding another thin layer on top, this is because the packet said plant seeds in final position and I wanted to act like I at least knew what I was doing (I didnt) but hey a fair few have started to grow, so this is my baby project, to make sure I can get at least a few beetroot to roast up with our sunday roast soon.

20180626_104340.jpg

And the newest addition to the big pots is 3 of my very understanding corn (read my first blog about my garden if you dont understand) 
These were potted up today and I am hoping that 3 wont be to cramped in one pot (youtube told me it was fine) but I guess I will wait and see.


If you liked my blog dont forget to like and follow me to keep up to date on my garden, also leave me a comment if you have and tips or suggestions for what I could be doing differently, anything is welcome because I am clueless and guessing my way through all of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy Scrambled Erggs That Kids Love

How To Clean The Walls When Kids Draw On Them